Re: simplifying windmove-frame-edges

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: simplifying windmove-frame-edges
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 20:10:24 +0200

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 6:05 PM martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:

> FWIW 'windmove-frame-edges' and all functions in windmove.el defined
> before 'windmove-find-other-window' are no more used ever since the
> latter calls 'window-in-direction'.

I see.

Why not remove (or, at the very least, comment out) all these functions, then? Even if they're part of the "published interface" of windmove.el, they are quite clearly internal implementation functions. I don't think any package out there is calling `windmove-reference-loc' because it just happened to be *the* function it needed.