Re: jit-lock-antiblink-grace

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: jit-lock-antiblink-grace
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 15:47:32 +0000

Hello, Stefan.

On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 10:13:42 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:

[ .... ]

> > It's a backward-incompatible behavior, and is not being developed due
> > to bug reports,

> It was developed because people like Alan are so bothered by the
> flashing that they're going through lengths to find other ways to
> avoid it.

Who, me?  The flashing bothers me not at all, though there will surely
be people it does bother.  I think you're referring to the feature in CC
Mode where unterminated strings are font-locked to match their error
syntax, i.e. the string face ends at the next unescaped EOL.  This is a
static feature, not a dynamic one like João has just developed.  The two
features are not closely related.

[ .... ]

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).