Re: Image-conversion shims

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Image-conversion shims
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 09:24:22 +0300

> From: Clément Pit-Claudel <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 16:37:15 -0400
>
> An alternative route that might be worth exploring is
> http://www.graphicsmagick.org/, which is GPL-compatible and seems to have a
> better security record than ImageMagick.

The better record of GraphicsMagick notwithstanding, I think going
that way would be a step back, as every additional dependency library
of such complexity adds a significant amount of hair in the Emacs code
and maintenance burden.

We could, of course, use the GraphicsMagick's equivalent of 'convert',
as another alternative of an external converter, if we decide to add
the feature suggested by Lars.