Re: A project-files implementation for Git projects

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: A project-files implementation for Git projects
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 17:48:25 +0300

On 20.09.2019 17:23, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

What is "it" here?  If "it" is part of Emacs, then no, it cannot see
any congestion coming, and cannot know anything about the events
firing up quickly, because these events are reported by inotify, a
service running outside of Emacs.

A handler function could measure and save the current time, for each event. But never mind, nobody's liking this approach anyway.

and in which each of my arguments,
no matter how minor, always gets contradicted with counter-arguments,

I've seen the same from your side.

And that makes it okay?

Well, yes? I don't mind it from either side, and if you mind, maybe start by giving a better example. Sorry to be blunt.

And again, I hadn't viewed this discussion as confrontational, up until now.

This just reiterates the same arguments.  I see no reason for another
round of the same stuff and the same results.

OK, guess we're definitely not on the same page.