Re: bug#34160: About commit bff64115a0ad081282e0f99305f41c8dd1917d67, bu

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: bug#34160: About commit bff64115a0ad081282e0f99305f41c8dd1917d67, bug#34160, json.el
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 22:21:10 +0200

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> It's not just moving point. replace-region-contents also keeps marks,
> text properties and fontification intact. So we should definitely be
> using it here.

Ah, I see.  I only gave that function a cursory look-over when fixing
this bug and I didn't quite understand what it was doing here, since I
couldn't recall any other pretty-printer doing anything similar.

Sorry for the confusion here; I've now restored the
replace-region-contents logic.  Or at least I think so; it works with
the test cases in this bug report, at least.