admin/notes/git-workflow and git-new-workdir

From: Štěpán Němec
Subject: admin/notes/git-workflow and git-new-workdir
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2019 17:01:01 +0200

In admin/notes/git-workflow, a "git-new-workdir" utility is recommended
for the initial repo setup. However, we also read:

 (This is a draft.  The method here won't actually work yet, because
 neither git-new-workdir nor merge-changelog are in the Emacs
 distribution yet.)

That "yet" was almost 5 years ago.

An utility named "git-new-workdir" comes packaged with git. In any case,
I'm wondering if the recommendations are still valid (and the
git-new-workdir included with git is suitable) and how the notes should
be updated to reflect the reality.

(As for merge-changelog I have no idea at all.)

  Thanks,

  Štěpán