Re: search-default-mode char-fold-to-regexp and Greek Extended block cha

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: search-default-mode char-fold-to-regexp and Greek Extended block characters
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 21:46:20 +0300

> But this one I donʼt understand. Searching for iota (capital or small)
> in a buffer containing ΐ ΐ or Ϊ́ already works with
> char-fold-to-regexp, so why is this needed?

Searching for ι finds ΐ only when searching for a single letter ι
because the search matches the first part of ΐ that contains the base
character ι and ignores the remaining combining accents like ̈́

So for testing you need to search for longer strings, e.g.
in a buffer with this text "ΐΐΪ́." try to search for "ιιι."

It fails to find this text without adding (?ι "ΐ")
to char-fold-include.