Re: search-default-mode char-fold-to-regexp and Greek Extended block cha

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: search-default-mode char-fold-to-regexp and Greek Extended block characters
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 11:04:35 +0200

    >> Done as f9337bc36d
    Juri> Thanks!  Could you please look why tests fail to validate matching of
    Juri> n-level decomposition.  The character with 3 level decomposition in
    Juri> char-fold--test-without-customization is currently commented out as
    Juri> FIXME.  After uncommenting this test fails, and I don't understand
why.

That test ends up doing

(string-match "\\`\\(?:ι[̀́̄̆̈̓̔͂]\\|[ΐίιϊἰ-ἷὶίιῐ-ΐῖῗ𝛊𝜄𝜾𝝸𝞲]\\)\\'" "Ϊ́")

because it does (upcase "ΐ") => Ϊ́

That character is GREEK SMALL LETTER IOTA WITH DIALYTIKA AND OXIA, and
as far as I can tell there is no CAPITAL variant of that letter, so
upcase canʼt return it, which means it returns GREEK CAPITAL LETTER
IOTA plus the diacriticals, which is obviously not going to
match.

Robert