Re: [Emacs-diffs] master cf28594 2/4: Improve doc for hash tables

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master cf28594 2/4: Improve doc for hash tables
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 09:36:25 -0400

>     * src/fns.c (Fsxhash_eq, Fsxhash_eql, Fsxhash_equal):
>     Say that hashes are fixnums.

[ Related to discussions we had about the need for fixnump and such
  things.  ]

I think we should try to try and avoid exposing the notion of "fixnum",
so here for instance, we should likely just accept any integer plus
document that only the lowest N bits are used where N is
platform-dependent (and it could even be different from the number of
bits in fixnums, in case we want to use the full 32bit/64bit range of
ints for hashes).

        Stefan