Re: Turning Gnus groups into real objects

From: Andy Moreton
Subject: Re: Turning Gnus groups into real objects
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 22:33:20 +0100

On Wed 17 Jul 2019, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

> [The following is some musings on changing the implementation of
> mail/news groups in Gnus, and can be ignored if that doesn't interest
> you. I'll send in actual code as bug reports, later.]

This all sounds useful and sensible. It should make it easier to
maintain gnus and to extend it to support new backends etc. I assume
that the idea is to change the runtime representation, while leaving
the serialized state in .gnusrc.eld unchanged.

Please write tests when doing this refactoring work, so that it is
easier to detect when changes cause compatibility problems.

Thanks for working on this,

    AndyM