Re: w32 port: SVG Path Commands' has no Up field (perhaps incorrect sect

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: w32 port: SVG Path Commands' has no Up field (perhaps incorrect sectioning?).
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 10:05:48 -0400

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 at 23:06, Keith David Bershatsky <address@hidden> wrote:

> Because I have been able to successfully build Emacs for several years using
> this same Windows XP SP3 virtual machine with an outdated timestamp, I
> believe that it may only be a contributing factor to the error in this
> thread, rather than the root cause.  I can certainly update the timestamp on
> the virtual machine and build Emacs a third time today using
> 0797b39185e66983c7286e89f93dd4f6c83b6ea7, but I would guess that I will have
> the same result in a failed build.

By outdated timestamps, I meant the modification times of your source
and/or build files (e.g., maybe the VM's clock got out of sync at some
point?). But looking at your build log again, it's something even
stranger than that:

GEN globals.h
CC emacs.o
gcc -std=gnu11 emacs.o -o emacs

Where is that last line coming from? It's trying to produce the
'emacs' executable without linking any of the object files except
emacs.o. And it didn't use the silent rule format (CCLD).