Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 783eca5: Make describe-face also output the ver

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 783eca5: Make describe-face also output the version information
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 18:01:10 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> -        (terpri)))))))
>> +        (terpri)
>> +            (let ((version-info (describe-variable-custom-version-info
>> +                                 f 'face)))
>> +              (when version-info
>> +                (insert version-info)
>> +                (terpri)))))))))
>
> Any chance you could do it like I did for vars and functions (i.e. via
> a help-fns-describe-face-functions)?

Sure; looks easy enough.  I think I'll report this as a separate bug,
though, since I probably won't have time the next few days.

By the way, looking over the new infrastructure, perhaps these two bits
should be separated out into separate functions for
help-fns-describe-variable-functions?

They're currently in describe-variable:

            ;; Make a link to customize if this variable can be customized.
            (when (custom-variable-p variable)
              (let ((customize-label "customize"))
                (terpri)
                (terpri)
                (princ (concat "You can " customize-label " this variable."))
                (with-current-buffer standard-output
                  (save-excursion
                    (re-search-backward
                     (concat "\\(" customize-label "\\)") nil t)
                    (help-xref-button 1 'help-customize-variable variable))))
              ;; Note variable's version or package version.
              (let ((output (describe-variable-custom-version-info variable)))
                (when output
                  (terpri)
                  (terpri)
                  (princ output))))