Re: highlight-indent-guides in display engine

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: highlight-indent-guides in display engine
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 14:56:18 +0200

From: Joost Kremers <address@hidden>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 10:32:14 +0200
Cc: Ergus <address@hidden>

<Shrug> we could pretend that tab-width is 1 in Lisp, > perhaps.
Or
maybe this feature should just ignore Lisp.

I use this feature mainly in Lisp...

Then I guess you are one of those for whom the built-in feature will
not be good enough, and you will keep using some 3rd party package.

Just my opinion, but from a user's perspective it might seem rather strange that a feature that Emacs supports out of the box does *not* work with Lisp. With any other editor I might think "oh well", but Emacs *is* Lisp.

Hi

I tend to agree with the fact that Lisp should be specially supported in
all the emacs functionalities.

But with this minimal support at least there will be something "good
enough" for C and all the derived from cc-mode (Java, C++, Ruby, Perl,
Lua) plus Python, Latex, Makefiles, Bash, Tcl, SQL, Assembly, Rust. So,
many users will be benefited... I think it is still a good deal right?.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments

Ergus