Re: highlight-indent-guides in display engine

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: highlight-indent-guides in display engine
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 23:37:15 +0200

From: Joost Kremers <address@hidden>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 10:32:14 +0200
Cc: Ergus <address@hidden>

> <Shrug> we could pretend that tab-width is 1 in Lisp, > perhaps. Or
> maybe this feature should just ignore Lisp.

I use this feature mainly in Lisp...

Then I guess you are one of those for whom the built-in feature will not be good enough, and you will keep using some 3rd party package.

Just my opinion, but from a user's perspective it might seem rather strange that a feature that Emacs supports out of the box does *not* work with Lisp. With any other editor I might think "oh well", but Emacs *is* Lisp.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments