Re: Weird compilation bug just started appearing

From: Richard Copley
Subject: Re: Weird compilation bug just started appearing
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 20:56:07 +0100

On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 at 20:35, Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> wrote:
Richard Copley <address@hidden> writes:

> In toplevel form:
> textmodes/css-mode.el:37:1:Error: Wrong type argument: symbolp, 2.0

I found the error -- my fault.  Trunk should be OK again now.

Thanks, works for me.

I had said

(make-obsolete-variable json-pretty-print-max-secs nil "27.1")

I assume it's perfectly obvious to everyone else what is supposed to be wrong with that. For my benefit, would you mind saying it explicitly, please?

and this didn't raise an error in the compilation of json.el, but
instead errored out with that message when you tried to compile some of
the other .el files...

Perhaps make-obsolete-variable should signal an error here?

Presumably!