Re: Perhaps rearrange *Help* buffer a bit?

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Perhaps rearrange *Help* buffer a bit?
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2019 15:58:40 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Sounds about right, yes.  I think I'd vote to keep the function/macro
> distinction displayed by default at least (and maybe function/command as
> well).  Maybe simply as
>
>     Function: (car LIST) ...
>
>     Return the car of LIST.  If arg is nil, return nil.
>     Error if arg is not nil and not a cons cell.  See also ‘car-safe’.
>
>     See Info node ‘(elisp)Cons Cells’ for a discussion of related basic
>     Lisp concepts such as car, cdr, cons cell and list.

Yes, that makes sense -- whether something's a macro or not is pretty
important information.

> Maybe you're right.  Then again, I think it's worth keeping the block
> highlighted somehow to clearly indicate the difference between the
> docstring and the auto-generated metadata, maybe with a discreet
> background color.

Yes, that sounds good.

Should I perhaps just start a branch for this and start hacking?  This
is the sort of thing that'll probably take a lot of tweaks to get right,
because it's all about aesthetics and readability.