Re: Algorithm in electric-pair--unbalanced-strings-p unsuitable for CC M

From: Kévin Le Gouguec
Subject: Re: Algorithm in electric-pair--unbalanced-strings-p unsuitable for CC Mode
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2019 08:17:01 +0200

João Távora <address@hidden> writes:

> If you're not connecting these particular dots, I wrote Flymake (or
> rather, I rewrote it) recently, so that's why I'm partial to it.  But
> there is also another very good and popular solution, Flycheck, which
> does basically the same thing (but is not bundled with Emacs).

(Yup, the dots were connected.  I know about Flycheck and I did notice
you picking up Flymake recently, for which I am quite grateful!)

The main reason *I* am partial to Flymake, as a user (and in the context
of this feature of CC mode), is because it is bundled with Emacs (has
been for 15 years).  This means I can think of incorrect-code
highlighting as a "core feature", as Alan called it (though it's core as
in "part of the Emacs core", not necessarily as in "implemented by the
major mode and impossible to toggle off").