Re: Algorithm in electric-pair--unbalanced-strings-p unsuitable for CC M

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Algorithm in electric-pair--unbalanced-strings-p unsuitable for CC Mode
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2019 18:58:39 +0300

> Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 13:32:17 +0000
> From: Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden>
> Cc: João Távora <address@hidden>,
>  emacs-devel <address@hidden>
>
> > Even so, is calling 'git show fe06f64b' too hard to do?
>
> Yes.  As you'll have noticed, this is an adversarial debate rather than
> a constructive cooperation

It is only an adversarial debate if you two make it so.  I suggest to
respond as if you don't perceive the adversarial aspects, and expect
the other side to do the same.

> Surely it is a matter of plain ettiquette

It is not.  Showing Git SHA is perfectly okay, at least in this list.

> Besides, other people will read this post, and they'll have to remain
> mystified, or put in the work themselves.  Giving a cryptic, rather than
> a meaningful, reference thus costs more time than it saves.

That ship has sailed when we switched to Git.  It is not wise, to say
the least, to impregnate this discussion, which is already loaded with
emotions, with yet another emotional reaction against something that
no one can do anything about.