Re: master updated (5fdf4fc -> 67c3a3a)

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: master updated (5fdf4fc -> 67c3a3a)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 23:40:44 +0100

On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 11:28 PM Ken Brown <address@hidden> wrote:
On 3/28/2019 3:05 PM, João Távora wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 5:35 PM João Távora <address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>
>     On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 7:35 AM Robert Pluim <address@hidden
>     <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>
>          >>>>> On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 20:23:09 +0200, Dmitry Gutov
>         <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> said:
>
>              Dmitry> On 27.03.2019 20:04, João Távora wrote:
>              >> Two questions:
>              >>
>              >> 1) can I know exactly which of the two commits caused the
>              >> problem in hydra.nixos.org <http://hydra.nixos.org>
>         <http://hydra.nixos.org>? (Actually,
>              >> I think it was 67c3a3 according to Robert's     separate
>              >> message, but in general is it possible on hydra.nixos?)
>
>              Dmitry> https://emba.gnu.org/emacs/emacs/pipelines?page=2&scope=all
>              Dmitry> says that it was indeed 67c3a3.
>

>     Thanks Dmitry. As I understand there are now two CI systems checking
>     Emacs but only one of them checks every commit (and that is the emba
>     one).  Does it also provide access to the `x-tests.log` files?
>
>         As did my git bisect. gcc 7.3, FWIW. Ancient, I know :-)
>

>     Thanks, it is indeed "worth" something, since problems have arisen due
>     to different GCC versions before. And it's not a question of being ancient
>     it's a question of that being valuable information.
>
>     Anyway, the tests fail with GCC=8.2 as well: they passed on my local test
>     run for some reason (probably an oversight with stale .elc on my part).
>     I'm working on a fix: you can give me a couple of days or revert
>     67c3a3 if it's becoming too much of a nuisance.
>

> I've fixed the problem.  For those interested, this had to do with failing
> to detect the "In file included from xxx.c" errors in the gcc output. Any
> number of such conditions for the same file should be posted as an error,
> but wasn't.

I can't find where your fix was ever pushed.  Am I missing something?

Maybe not.  When I looked at my local repo again today, I did find some
perfectly prepared commits from months ago that I have not pushed yet,
and some of them flymake related.  Unfortunately, so much time has
gone by that  I don't know exactly what they are about (and there's no
bug number for this).

Anyway I'll have a better look and probably push them tomorrow.

Sorry about that.
João