Re: [w32] Build failure on master (pthread_sigmask.h)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [w32] Build failure on master (pthread_sigmask.h)
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 12:18:02 +0300

> From: Richard Copley <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 20:39:30 +0100
> Cc: Emacs Development <address@hidden>
>
>       gl_cv_func_pthread_sigmask_macro=no
>
> Yes, that works. (The build succeeds and no pthread_sigmask.o is generated.)

Thanks for testing, pushed.

> I'm impressed, thanks.

There's no magic: I looked into my config.log and saw that the above
variable was set to "no" because I didn't have pthreads.h.

>     (On my box the problem doesn't happen because I don't have the
>     pthread.h header polluting my system.)
>
> One package's pollution is another's prerequisite. Easily eradicated:
>
> pacman -R ${MINGW_PACKAGE_PREFIX}-libwinpthread-git

Right.  FWIW, I've decided long ago that the trouble produced by
having pthreads headers and import libraries installed was way greater
than any advantages it gives.  The Windows ports of pthreads are
simply not reliable enough, IME.