Re: Improving aesthetics & readability of backquote

From: Paul W. Rankin
Subject: Re: Improving aesthetics & readability of backquote
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 00:18:32 +1000

On Mon, May 20 2019, Basil L. Contovounesios wrote:
Are you suggesting that ,@b is easier to comprehend than (splice b)? I think that is a hard case to make. Try to put yourself in the mindset of someone just
learning Emacs Lisp.

I think this is a subjective matter, so the question is, as you say in your other message, whether aliases should be added for those that prefer the latter form; not which form each person finds most readable.

I've written a function that doubles a number x, but I'm thinking about what to call it...

   _||x&    or    (double x)

Jokes aside, yes I do think Emacs would benefit from an option for people to use a clearer syntax for lisp form interpolation.