Re: regular expressions that match nothing

From: Phil Sainty
Subject: Re: regular expressions that match nothing
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 11:18:49 +1200

15 maj 2019 kl. 21.41 skrev Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden>:
I think regexp-unmatchable is too much of a mouthful.

I like it, myself.  I think the meaning is 100% clear and unambiguous
for the reader (which I can't say about the alternative suggestions
that I've seen).

Are we expecting this to be used so much that we're prioritising
brevity over clarity?

(That's a genuine question -- I have a similar definition in my own
config, and I have exactly one use for it.)