Re: [OFFTOPIC] size of issue tracker

From: Toon Claes
Subject: Re: [OFFTOPIC] size of issue tracker
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 09:45:32 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> OK, I finally tracked down the disk where I kept this experiment.
> And indeed, I see that the past looks always much better than it really
> was: apparently, the Git repository is more like 100MB than 10MB and
> that's only counting the non-archived issues, whereas when all the
> issues were included the size was around 400MB.

To do some testing with GitLab on EMBA, I want to import a bunch of
issues from debbugs (preferably all). How did you extract the data from
debbugs? Or can you share the archive somewhere?

I've found a script [1] to load data from debbugs, but I don't want to
hammer the debbugs.gnu.org loading everything.

If you're interested, the POC script is here
https://gitlab.com/snippets/1856726/raw

--
Toon

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebbugsSoapInterface#Ruby