Re: How is text properties stored?

From: Yuan Fu
Subject: Re: How is text properties stored?
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 16:26:42 -0400

No, positions of intervals are continuously maintained as side effect
of editing commands that change buffer text.

I still don't understand how is position maintained when user inserts
something. Say I insert some characters in interval (3), I know
total_length of (2) and (4) are updated. But how are the positions of
all the intervals after (3) -- (4), (5) and (6) updated? I don't see
relevant code in adjust_intervals_for_insertion.

Sincerely, Yuan