Re: [ELPA] New package: bnf-mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: bnf-mode
Date: Mon, 06 May 2019 20:59:16 -0400

> I use this mode for various experiments with languages.  In particular,
> I do research in the field of creating a programming language called
> Zephir.  I needed to get a formal description of the language and
> this is exactly where I used the BNF.  This description (I prefer
> "specification" word) used during systems analysis and requirements
> analysis.

So you don't use it together with a tool to process it?
IOW you opted to use that particular syntax but could have used "any other"?

Have you used the "; comment ... ;" commenting style?

Any plan to add support for the syntax supported by ebnf2ps, or the
syntax used in RFCs in the short term?  That would make it a lot more
useful, I think.

Also, if you need help adding SMIE support to it, feel free to ask.
It should be pretty easy to get something going.

>> Please email the following information to address@hidden, and we
>> will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes.
> I'll do this ASAP.

Great, thanks.  Let us known when you get confirmation that the FSF
received your signed paperwork,

        Stefan