Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab

From: Konstantin Kharlamov
Subject: Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 16:30:10 +0300

On Пт, Mar 22, 2019 at 16:05:32, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
And while on it, a few weeks ago I sent 2 patches to bugtrackers, and I got a notification for each of them. I'm horrified to imagine what I gonna see
 if I send a series of 20 patches.

If the 20 email messages are properly threaded (i.e. with In-Reply-To
headers), then debbugs.gnu.org should be able to only create a single
bug nb for them, so you should only receive 1 notification instead
of 20.

Well, I've sent the patches with plain `git send-email`, and I got the 2 notifcations, so I guess it doesn't set them properly. Then again, `git send-email` AFAIK is the most popular way of sending patches to mailing lists, so I assume by default everyone gonna get separate notifications for every patch.

BTW: I'm not subscribed to the bug list (and with no intention to
subscribe to it again in the foreseeable future), but I would subscribe
to a "submitted patches" mailing list.

        Stefan