RE: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/new-flex-completion-style 2c75775 2/2: Score,

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/new-flex-completion-style 2c75775 2/2: Score, sort and annotate flex-style completions according to match tightness
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:12:12 -0700 (PDT)

> > The basic idea is to allow the use of both ordinary
> > two-valued (true/false) predicates and three-valued
> > (true/false/dunno) predicates, combining the latter
> > in a chain.
> >
> > I use this in Bookmark+, for example, to sort
> > candidates that are bookmarks of different kinds.
>
> That's a pretty cute idea.
>
> I don't know if having a heterogeneous set of candidates is going to be
> a significant use case, though.

If different kinds of scores can be more meaningful
for some candidates than for others, or not available
for some candidates, then you have heterogeneous data
to compare, and multiple comparators can be relevant.

I got the impression that such was the case, but as
I said, I haven't really followed this thread.