Re: Emacs i18n

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Emacs i18n
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2019 12:48:50 -0800

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
A few packages do have multiple catalogs.
Any example of a package whose 90% gets loaded piecemeal on demand?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "whose 90% gets loaded piecemail on demand". However, it's routine for a program to retrieve only a few translations from a much larger catalog, so that most of the catalog is not loaded into physical RAM. The GNU gettext library is tuned for this sort of thing, and I see no reason why Emacs would pose important performance challenges to it.