Re: Making seq.el an Elpa core package?

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Making seq.el an Elpa core package?
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 22:51:17 +0200

> I'm thinking about removing seq.el from GNU Elpa and make it a core
> package instead.  The package is currently maintained both in Emacs and
> Elpa, removing the duplication would be good.

This package is so useful that it should be preloaded in loadup.el.

It introduces to Elisp programming many necessary idioms that are
expected from any modern programming language to help writing more
clear and readable code.

Recently I implemented a new feature for isearch using seq.el.
The resulting code is much shorter with seq than it would be
when using ugly old style like `(delq nil (mapcar ...))'.

But I can't submit a patch for isearch.el because currently
seq.el is not loaded by default.