Re: tabulated-list sort icon is reversed

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: tabulated-list sort icon is reversed
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2019 19:14:07 +0100

More seriously, we could refresh the table every time the major mode
is activated, or we could rely on a `:set`ter function (i.e. add a :set
argument to those defcustoms to recompute the table when the var is
modified by Custom).

Thanks, I think the `:set` solution is the one that makes more sense because you only re-set the table once instead of multiple times, but at the same time I kinda hate when simple code like `(setq tabulated-list-glyphless-sort-icon-asc ?a)` does not work in configs.

> Yes this is what I used, ok thanks for the explanation a lot of other
> weirdnesses make sense now :-)

That's what Emacs is all about: make weirdness look natural,

Well TBH I don't find the difference between `eval-buffer`, `eval-defun` and `eval-last-sexp` natural at all. It's been a while since I wonder why sometimes when evaling code it would appear to change the defcustom/defvar values and sometimes not. With your explanations now I understand that was simply because of how I evaled the code.

My "natural" expectation is for all of them to always re-evaluate everything.

Kind regards,
Philippe