Re: map-put! and (setf (map-elt ...) ..) on lists

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: map-put! and (setf (map-elt ...) ..) on lists
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 09:32:09 -0700

>>>>> "Stefan" == Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

Stefan> -(cl-defgeneric map-put! (map key value)
Stefan> +(cl-defgeneric map-put! (map key value &optional testfn)

I wish Emacs would not adopt the Scheme "!" convention.  I find it very
distracting when reading code, as if it is shouting all the time.  Also,
IMO, it's not normally the case that modifications are so important that
they have to be called out; and anyway if they are, it would be better
to leave this to person reading the code rather than the person writing
it.

Tom