Re: 900276502f..: Paul Eggert 2018-11-13 Act like POSIX sh if $HOME is r

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: 900276502f..: Paul Eggert 2018-11-13 Act like POSIX sh if $HOME is relative
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 14:54:38 +0000

[Now ccing to emacs-devel]

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 1:20 PM Yuri Khan <address@hidden> wrote:

> An alternative would be:

* get those other applications fixed;

Really? If you answer to a real-world problem is "fix the world" why even bother answering?

> * for this part of the change to be reverted in Emacs;
>
> * for me to set the correct environment var from the Windows shortcut
>   that points to runemacs.exe. Can it be done easily?

Easiest is probably to change it to run a .cmd file that sets the
variable and then runs runemacs.exe, if you don’t mind a useless
console window. If you do, you’ll probably need to write and compile a
(GUI-targeted but windowless) program in a language of your choice,
that runs runemacs.exe with a modified environment.

At which point I might as well fix it in my Emacs config, which has ample facilities for this, and which I would do if this weren't such an early thing.