Re: scratch/accurate-warning-pos: Solid progress: the branch now bootstr

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: scratch/accurate-warning-pos: Solid progress: the branch now bootstraps.
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2018 08:35:54 +0100

> All in all the status quo is preferable to
> scratch/accurate-warning-pos. Although I don't expect you to agree
> with me on this, I don't think I'm alone in having concerns about
> the significant performance issues here.

There are around 50 issues in current Emacs that annoy me at least as
much as wrong positions reported by the byte compiler.  If, on the
average, solving any such issue took away just 2% of the performance
of my Emacs, I'd experience an overall slowdown of 100% when solving
all of them.  So please note that Paul is not alone with his concerns.

martin