Re: Replace trivial pcase occurrences in the Emacs sources

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Replace trivial pcase occurrences in the Emacs sources
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 16:07:29 +0000

Hello, Eli.

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 17:47:26 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> > Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 08:33:42 -0400

> > > Are you willing to put these final touches onto pcase-dolist's doc
> > > string, or would you prefer somebody else to do it?

> > This is excrutiating for me.  Anyone else but me, please,

> I will try, if no one beats me to it.

A beating attempt, first draught:

    (pcase-dolist (PATTERN LIST) BODY...)

    Loop over a list.

    Evaluate BODY with bindings made by matching PATTERN to each
    element of LIST in turn.  PATTERN is a pcase pattern, the
    matching being done as described in `pcase'.  The return value is
    not significant.

    Should the matching fail for any LIST element, the results are
    undefined.

    See also `dolist'

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).