Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 134ba45: Allow two mouse functions to work with

From: Federico Tedin
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 134ba45: Allow two mouse functions to work with Rectangle Mark mode
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 20:40:18 -0300

> We don't want the code to list the finite set of known region types, I think.
>
> We could try and make it a cl-defgeneric, but we need something on which
> to dispatch.

Right, to use cl-defgeneric, the region would need to be represented
with different types of objects depending on the region type (from
what I understand about the mechanics of cl-defgeneric).

If we implemented the `reactivate-mark-function` variable instead (and
the function `reactivate-mark`), would it be OK to have code like
this?

(pcase reactivate-mark-function
  ('normal-reactivate-mark-function ...)
  ('rectangle-reactivate-mark-function ...))

I can imagine using something like that in mouse-drag-and-drop-region,
when deciding how to calculate if the drag was negligible.