Re: emacs-lisp-mode highlights incorrectly defmacros/defuns’ arglists

From: Garreau\, Alexandre
Subject: Re: emacs-lisp-mode highlights incorrectly defmacros/defuns’ arglists
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 22:12:34 +0200

On 2018-10-16 at 18:35, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> The font locking in emacs-lisp-mode appears not to be too sophisticated.
> But it is fast.
>
>> Wouldn’t there be a way to turn off these highlightings in such places
>> of known old and fixed macro calls?
>
> There might well be, but it would slow fontification down, somewhat.  I
> suspect that changing "cond" to something less contentious will get the
> result you want.

I just noticed the following (thanks to my persistent procrastination to
(of?) learn paredit, and some lucky unbalanced parenthesis): this issue
does not arise for `when', when it is bound as a variable inside a
`let', but it does for cond, nevertheless: the issue does also arise for
`when' as an argument of a defun.

I guess the reason of this oddity is macros and special forms are
treated differently, yet I can’t understand trivially why defuns args
and let args behaves differently as both are symbol to be bound…

But since `let' seems, at least for macros, to disable fontification,
“disabling fontification in some place” must not slow down that much
things I guess.