nsterm.m: How to play nice with Mojave revisions -- #17684 (crosshairs)

From: Keith David Bershatsky
Subject: nsterm.m: How to play nice with Mojave revisions -- #17684 (crosshairs) and #22873 (multiple fake cursors) ...
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 18:53:09 -0700

Given the latest revisions to nsterm.m that provide compatibility with Mojave,
I have been unable to get the drafts of feature requests #17684 (crosshairs)
and #22873 (multiple fake cursors) to work properly.

The draft feature request work by calling from xdisp.c:

  FRAME_RIF (f)->draw_window_cursor (w, glyph_row, x, y, cursor_type,
                                     cursor_width, true, active_cursor_p);

And, I modify a few settings such as color, coordinates, (x, y, fx, fy and h),
cursor_type ...

As far as I can see, ns_clip_to_row (within ns_draw_window_cursor) does not
return ON/TRUE with the drafts of feature requests #17684 / #22873.

If I play around by bypassing ns_clip_to_row and force ON/TRUE within
ns_draw_window_cursor, the lines containing the fake cursors are inverted --
like Emacs is upside down.

Any ideas how I can properly convince ns_clip_to_row to return ON/TRUE and also
have the fake cursors appear right-side-up at the non-inverted frame-Y
coordinate?

BROKEN SCREENSHOT:

https://www.lawlist.com/images/17684_22873_broken_10_11_2018.png

WORKING SCREENSHOT: