Re: macOS: Cursor leaving traces when scrolling

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: macOS: Cursor leaving traces when scrolling
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 14:36:20 -0400

On Oct 7, 2018, at 7:14 AM, Alan Third <address@hidden> wrote:

> The attached patch fixes it, but it marks the whole area dirty instead
> of copying it, so it will be redrawn at the next expose event. I can’t
> see any difference in simple testing, but it may slow down scrolling
> on very complex buffers.

Thank you.
I can’t see any obvious difference in speed either on a modern laptop.

NSView scrollRect has been deprecated, so replacing it is a good thing all
other things being equal. Implementing true scrolling rather than redrawing
would still be worth a try, as display doesn’t seem particularly fast.

I’ll apply it to my own branch and report back if users complain.