Re: git problems: >78 column commit message created by git revert. I'm s

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: git problems: >78 column commit message created by git revert. I'm stuck. What do I do?
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2018 09:46:54 -0400

> I then did git pull --rebase.  This failed with the message "Line longer
> than 78 characters in commit message".  The revert operation created log
> messages with very long lines.  :-(

When you `git commit` you can skip the "78 char" check with `--no-verify`,
but indeed, I can't see how to do the equivalent within `git
pull --rebase` or `git rebase` (at least according to the manpage: `git
rebase` has a `--no-verify` option as well, so maybe that will work,
but the doc says it only affects the use of .git/hooks/pre-rebase).

You can rm .git/hooks/commit-msg, tho.

Also you can `git pull` without the `--rebase`.

> However, I now have two unrebaseable commits in my repo, and it seems
> likely the savannah server would reject them anyway.

Those checks are only performed locally: the savannah server will
happily accept commits that don't abide by those rules.

        Stefan