Re: killring as registers

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: killring as registers
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 22:30:44 +0200

On Sat, Sep 29 2018, Robert Pluim wrote:
Robert Pluim <address@hidden> writes:

Thomas Meyer <address@hidden> writes:
so, is there an extension that lets me access the last 10 killring entries as registers 0-9? that would make it a bit better for usage?

or asked the other way around: how do you use the killring and its
history?

Helm has a nice interface where 'M-y' pops up a buffer with the
kill-ring history.

Make that 'helm-show-kill-ring'. 'M-y' is just my local binding.

And of course the ivy/counsel package also offers counsel-yank-pop.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments