Re: master d0c77a1: Remove some assumptions about timestamp format

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: master d0c77a1: Remove some assumptions about timestamp format
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 16:54:17 +0200

Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Paul,

>> What is the problem with having a special invalid time value?
>
> It depends on how special it's supposed to be, and the properties that
> Michael needs aren't clear to me yet. Evidently NaNs won't do, but
> it's not clear to me yet what will do. I'll follow up shortly.

I have no special needs for the value of that constant. It should just
be a valid time value in the scope of Emacs 27, and all timer functions
should accept it and return plausible values. A NaN would be OK, if
accepted everywhere.

For older Emacsen, I will use my own compat version of that constant
anyway. Either '(0 0) as it is the case for the last 15 years, or '(0 -1).

Best regards, Michael.