Re: New behavior

From: Bingo
Subject: Re: New behavior
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 00:16:19 +0530

Le 19 septembre 2018 23:46:35 GMT+05:30, Davis Herring <address@hidden> a écrit :
While that is nice, but it will fix one documentation at a time. Can
we have an option in the customize interface to reveal the underlying
lisp object representation , for any option ? E.g. t, nil, 2, 'always
etc. ? The option could be a menu entry, key-binding etc.

Yes, we can: under the [State] button is "Show Saved Lisp _expression_".
It seems that it shows the last value _set_, not the last value
_selected_, though.

Davis

OK, I tried that but it didn't seem to show the value i expected. Probably due to the last set vs. last selected distinction. By last selected, you mean we need to click on "Apply" , for "Show Saved Lisp _expression_" to show its lisp? "Saved" almost implies that one needs to click on "Apply and Save".

Anyway, this option could probably just bypass this confusion, and show lisp adjacent to the "human readable" description in the drop down.