RE: delete-selection-mode as default

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: delete-selection-mode as default
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 17:55:02 -0700 (PDT)

> > You've decided that d-s-m won't be on by default
> > anytime soon.
>
> No such decision was made.

Good to hear. I (mis)understood that, based on
this from RMS on 09/10:

   ELi and I, the Emacs maintainers, are both
   opposed to making delete-selection-mode
   the default.

I misread that as a decision by the maintainers.

I should also have noticed that he immediately
followed that with "Please don't do that." It was
essentially a vote, I guess, but a vote given extra
weight by the maintainer attribution.

(I was in fact surprised to hear that Richard is
again participating as a maintainer. Does that
mean we have three now? Anyway, I, for one,
would welcome it.)