Re: Some developement questions

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Some developement questions
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 15:35:05 +0300

> From: hw <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 13:52:58 +0200
>
> > The latest one, which you get if you build the master branch of the
> > Emacs repository.
>
> Thanks, I cloned it tonight and have it running.  Can I use that version
> pretty much normally, including gnus, or are there currently known bugs
> which make that a bad idea?

There are no known serious bugs, but if your usage patterns are
unusual, you may bump into problems no one reported yet.

The master branch might become broken by some commit, but that is
usually gets fixed within several hours.  So if you incidentally
update your repository before a bug is fixed, just back up to a
previous commit and wait for the problem to be fixed.

> >> BTW, when I was reading it, I was wishing I could open links in other
> >> buffers or windows like I would open another tab in a web brower.  Is
> >> there some way to do something like that?
> >
> > Not that I know of.  Perhaps you'd like to write a patch to that
> > effect?
>
> Let me start small by reading the manual again and working my way up
> from there ...

In the meantime, it turned out I was mistaken, and we already have
such a feature ;-)