Re: scratch/list-threads 833a2d4 2/9: Make lisp/thread.el the new home f

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: scratch/list-threads 833a2d4 2/9: Make lisp/thread.el the new home for thread-related Lisp functions
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2018 12:08:29 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> It would work, of course. But I'm a finicky German :-) `featurep' is the
>> default way in Emacs to check, whether a feature exist, so I've done it
>> this way.
>
> Actually, fboundp is a much more common way to perform such tests,
> especially since it can silence some warnings at the same occasion.
> (featurep 'xemacs) is an important exception, tho.

Currently, we have `features', which gives us the feature symbols of
loaded packages. What we would need are the configured featurea of
Emacs. What about this:

(defconst configured-features
  (mapcar
    (lambda (feat) (intern (downcase feat)))
    (split-string system-configuration-features))
  "A list of symbols which are the configured features of the executing Emacs.")

(defun configured-feature-p (feature)
  "Return t if Emacs is configured with FEATURE."
  (and (member feature configured-features) t))

I could use then (configured-feature-p 'threads) in order to know
whether Emacs has been configured --with-threads, explicitly or implicitly.

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.