Re: Some developement questions

From: hw
Subject: Re: Some developement questions
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2018 18:02:32 +0200

Drew Adams <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]
>> I'm pointing out a usability issue and you call it complaining.
>
> If he had not used the word "complaining" would you perhaps get his
> point? Menus can help discovery. (Toolbar buttons not so much, IMO.)

You could suggest making it impossible to disable the menu, at least for
info buffers.  Or what about including menu preferences into every mode,
so that I can have the menu automatically enabled when it may be helpful
and disabled when it is not?  After all, it may be a bit unlikely that I
disable the menu for modes I do not use often.

That users can get easily stuck in the help page of the help system of a
software when trying to read the documentation of this very software
might indicate that it is not always a good idea for this software to
stick to ideosyncratic key bindings just because the software is used by
multiple persons and not easy to use for anyone.