Re: Recent changes incorrectly calculate font size within daemon mode

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Recent changes incorrectly calculate font size within daemon mode
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 07:28:40 -0700

Yuri D'Elia wrote:
that has been posted to gmane.emacs.devel as well.

On Wed, Aug 29 2018, Yuri D'Elia wrote:
- if I start emacs normally, all is good
- if I start it through emacsclient -c, the screen DPI is not correctly
   calculated. It looks like my fontconfig/Xres DPI settings are ignored.

This change must have been introduced in one of the commits in master in
the last week at most, however I don't see anything pointing to
fontconfig/daemon mode changes.

I bisected this down until this commit which introduced the regression:
d77d01d22902acdc45c2c7059de4f1b158ab5806 (bignum stuff), which does
mention a few changes to frame parameters.

Maybe those changes are not handles when a frame is created from a
daemon instance?

Quite possibly, yes. What platform are you running on? And can you tell me exactly how you set fontconfig/Xres? I am having trouble reproducing the problem.