Re: Making 'eq' == 'eql' in bignum branch

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Making 'eq' == 'eql' in bignum branch
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 23:37:23 -0400

  > Also, we should remove the fixnump and bignump functions; these
  > functions certainly don't need to be in C code and I don't see why
  > they even need to be present at all. We shouldn't be giving users
  > the impression that the distinction between fixnums and bignums is
  > important.

Since it does affect behavior in some cases, we should have those
functions.  We can also ask people to write to emacs-devel to report
any time that they find it necessary for code to call them.  We might
find out about reasons that didn't occur to us, and then maybe then
we could make them unnecessary.

--
Dr Richard Stallman