Re: User interaction from multiple threads

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: User interaction from multiple threads
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 17:19:30 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> The simplest idea is to have every primitive that displays in the echo
> area to take a certain mutex before it does so.

Agreed. Some days ago, I've tried to implement such an approach in the
feature/tramp-thread-safe branch. This failed miserably, due to my lack
of understanding how echo area, minibuffer and keyboard events are
handled in Emacs. Some help would be appreciated for a proof of concept.

(Maybe it is too early to ask for, since we are still collecting ideas)

Best regards, Michael.