Re: Face issue -- possible bug

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Face issue -- possible bug
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 23:53:51 +0200

Hi Eli,

Sorry for the late reply on this issue, I've only now found the time to compile the newer m17n and libotf and then recompile Emacs.

On Wed, Jul 18 2018, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
(You mean 1.7.0 and 1.8.0, I guess, there's no 1.17 and 1.18.)

Yes, indeed.

 Yes, I
think it would be a good idea to install the latest versions. Also of
libotf, version 0.9.16.  Let's see if this fixes the problem.

It doesn't seem to, unfortunately. I still get the small caps n as soon as the combining diacritic is added.

I removed the package m17n-0, m17n-dev, libotf0, libotf-dev and libotf-bin from my (Ubuntu 16.04-based) system, downloaded the source packages for m17n-lib, m17n-db (not sure if that's needed) and libotf, compiled and installed them (to /usr/local/), then recompiled Emacs.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks,

Joost

--